Lifestyle Art Gallery is all about art and artists. If designer jewelry has possible health benefits, the better!
One of our artists is Andre van der Bank from Artis Aeris Studio. I already blogged about him. When he talks about the mediums he uses in his designs, the Gallery admires his passion for this artwork. I decided to share a little of what Andre knows about some of the mediums he is using.
On Artis Aeris Studio’s Website, you will find a lot of information about the questions we are asked by clients. Quotes (” “), means my information is quoted from Artis Aeris Studio’s Website. Otherwise, it is my research and own experience.
“At Artis Aeris Studio, we design and create unique earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, and brooches for the individual who dares to be bold. Each exquisite piece of jewelry captures the essence of Africa – a fusion of beauty and bravery.
Inspired by the natural world around us, we use non-ferrous metals like copper, brass, and aluminum, as well as earthly materials like natural stones, shells, and leather to create our works of wearable art.
Artis Aeris means “copper art” in Latin”.
“Copper is the oldest mined mineral in the world. Around 9000BC, in what is now known as Northern Iraq, people discovered the metal’s potential to turn into beautiful jewelry. Methods to remove copper from the ore were established in 5000BV. The Egyptians were the first to create copper alloys like bronze and brass.
Today, jewelry made from copper and copper alloys is in high demand. Not only because of its beauty, but also its potential health benefits.
Copper is an essential nutrient for the human body. It helps to form red blood cells and maintains healthy bones, blood vessels, nerves, and immune function. Sufficient copper in the diet may help to prevent cardiovascular diseases and osteoporosis.
According to studies, wearing copper and copper alloy jewelry may benefit your health in several ways. It could offer relief from joint stiffness and pain, improve mineral absorption and ant-inflammatory function, as well as combat the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and premature aging.
By wearing pure, unsealed copper and copper jewelry, your body will absorb copper through your skin and put it to good use. Copper is also an antimicrobial alloy that helps to reduce the amount of disease-causing bacteria.
Unsealed, pure copper may leave a green deposit on your skin, depending on several factors like your metabolism and diet. The green deposits are caused by copper oxidation. This is completely safe and may even provide health benefits. Simply remove it by washing your skin with mild soap and lukewarm water.”
- People with arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis pain might benefit from wearing copper.
- Your body does not produce copper naturally, so you must add it to your body from external sources. It can be found in beans, nuts, seeds, seafood, greens, beets, avocados, and cocoa.
- Your body stores copper in your bones and muscles.
- Pure copper jewelry has micro minerals such as iron and zinc. When they combine with sweat, they are absorbed into the bloodstream. This causes a rise in mineral supplementation. Minerals absorbed through the skin enter the bloodstream directly, without going to the liver.
- Lack of copper can cause an imbalance in the body which leads to increased blood cholesterol levels. The effects of this are damage to the heart and arteries.
- Wearing a copper bracelet and ring is a simple and long-term slow process for possible long-term cardiovascular health.
- Copper slows the aging process – not just on the outside but also on the inside.
- Hair growth: Copper peptides help to boost collagen and elastin. It increases fat cells on the scalp. An increase in these fat cells could significantly increase hair growth as it strengthens the hair follicles.
- Copper is a brain stimulant that is associated with higher thought processes. Copper encourages creativity and improves brain function.
- Adding copper to your diet can help you lose weight. It helps fine-tune your digestive system, break down fats.
- Copper is a very good anti-oxidant, it has the ability to help fight stress and premature aging
Shopping online in our Gallery for a copper ring, necklace or bracelet can be the difference between pain and comfort.
Have a nice day